Prairie Ecology Bus Center
Lakefield, Minnesota ·
The Prairie Ecology Bus Center (PEBC) is seeking a
full-time (40 hrs/wk) enthusiastic, experienced, motivated and
responsible naturalist to join our teaching staff. PEBC is a non-profit
environmental education/learning outreach program
with a mission of
being a vehicle for appreciating and understanding the natural wonders
in our own backyards .
Programs are taught both inside and outdoors
at a variety of locations across the southwestern Minnesota region to
children and adults of all ages.
Responsibilities and Duties:
● Teach environmental
education programs to groups of Pre-K through 12th grade children,
scouts, families and adults
including: school programs, summer camps,
birthday parties, community education programs, county fairs and more.
This includes all aspects of programming including set up, clean up,
evaluation, and follow up.
● Master our environmental education
curriculum and implement the purpose, goals and objectives of each
● Help to develop and implement new programs.
and maintain program curriculum materials.
● Work and teach both
independently and as part of a team
● Willing and able to obtain
Commercial Drivers License (CDL) license within 90 days of employment,
training will be
provided by PEBC. Must be able to pass random drug
● Create a safe and fun, learning atmosphere for
children while projecting a knowledgeable and confident image to
parents and teachers.
● Articulate PEBC’s mission and project a
professional and positive attitude when interacting with the public.
● Bachelors in environmental
studies, environmental education, natural resources, education or a
● Teaching experience in outdoor or environmental
education, early childhood education, summer camps or other
experiences. Prefer a minimum of at least 1-year of teaching experience.
● Knowledge of and passion for the natural world.
● Enthusiasm for
working with children.
● Willingness to work outdoors in variable
weather conditions and variable terrain.
● Excellent written and
verbal communication skills.
● Ability to operate common office
● Willingness to work irregular hours, including weekends.
● Criminal History background checks will be required.
first aid/CPR certification or ability to obtain certification.
Salary and Benefits:
● $26,500-$30,000 depending on
education, skills and experience.
● Vacation and holiday leave.
Health Care, including HSA contributions.
To apply please send cover letter, resume and three
professional references to:
Position is open until
filled. Posted June 4, 2018.