The Wapsi River Environmental Education Center of the Scott County Conservation Board is seeking qualified individuals to serve as a temporary AmeriCorps 4-H Environmental Education Member. The half-time position requires the successful completion of at least 900
hours of service by term end (6 months, approximately 30-40 hours weekly). The Member will receive: a living allowance of $7,235 to be distributed equally by month over the term of service, a $2,960 Segal Education Award upon completion of the term, student loan
deferment, leadership and skill development, as well as hands-on experience. The minimum-time position requires the successful completion of at least 300 hours of service by term end (3 months, approximately 20-30 hours weekly). The Member will receive: a living
allowance of approximately $2,324 to be distributed equally by month over the term of service, a $1,252.91 Segal Education Award upon completion of the term, student loan deferment, leadership and skill development, as well as hands-on experience.
The Wapsi River Center now seeks a motivated, out-going person with a background in natural resources, biology, parks/recreation, community organizing, communications, or administration. The candidate should have strong communication skills, a desire to serve
with youth and diverse groups of people, and a passion for community stewardship. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to gain valuable experience in educating about the importance of Iowa’s native resources and conservation practices.
Under general supervision of the Naturalist/Director, the Member will: assist in developing, promoting, and conducting interpretive and educational programs for community school and public groups.
• Outreach programs will focus to foster awareness and appreciation for Iowa’s natural resources, designed to promote stewardship of local youth (K-12).
• Promote low-impact, healthy lifestyles (outdoor recreation/activities).
• Promote science/technology/engineering/math (STEM) concepts within Iowa’s natural world.
• Develop leadership skills that promote citizenship/stewardship through natural resource education, volunteer recruitment/management, training, and philanthropy.
• Partner/network with schools, individuals, groups, and volunteers in the community for environmental education outreach.
Term of Service: Half-time Service ending November 31, 2019, Minimal-time ending August 31, 2019
To apply, send resume, cover letter, and references by March 31st, 2019 to:
Wapsi River Center
ATTN: Dave Murcia
31555 52ND Ave.
Dixon, IA 52745
Or email to: