The Prairie Ecology Bus Center (PEBC) is seeking a full-time (40 hrs/wk) enthusiastic, experienced, motivated and
responsible naturalist to join our teaching staff. PEBC is a non-profit environmental education/learning outreach program
with a mission of being a vehicle for appreciating and understanding the natural wonders in our own backyards.
Programs are taught both inside and outdoors at a variety of locations across the southwestern Minnesota region to
children and adults of all ages.
Responsibilities and Duties:
● Teach environmental education programs to groups of Pre-K through 12th grade children, scouts, families and adults
including: school programs, summer camps, birthday parties, community education programs, county fairs and more.
This includes all aspects of programming including set up, clean up, evaluation, and follow up.
● Master our environmental education curriculum and implement the purpose, goals and objectives of each program.
● Help to develop and implement new programs.
● Prepare and maintain program curriculum materials.
● Work and teach both independently and as part of a team
● Willing and able to obtain Commercial Drivers License (CDL) license within 90 days of employment, training will be
provided by PEBC. Must be able to pass random drug test screening.
● Create a safe and fun, learning atmosphere for children while projecting a knowledgeable and confident image to
parents and teachers.
● Articulate PEBC’s mission and project a professional and positive attitude when interacting with the public.
● Degree in environmental studies, environmental education, natural resources, education or a related field.
● Teaching experience in outdoor or environmental education, early childhood education, summer camps or other
relevant experiences. Prefer a minimum of at least 1-year of teaching experience.
● Knowledge of and passion for the natural world.
● Enthusiasm for working with children.
● Willingness to work outdoors in variable weather conditions and variable terrain.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Ability to operate common office equipment.
● Willingness to work irregular hours, including weekends.
● Criminal History background checks will be required.
● Current first aid/CPR certification or ability to obtain certification.
Salary and Benefits:
● $15 – $18 per hour depending on education, skills and experience.
● Vacation and holiday leave.
● Health Care, including HSA contributions.
To apply please send cover letter, resume and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position is open until filled.