The purpose of the Iowa Association of County Conservation Board Employees is:
- To promote professionalism of all county conservation employees.
- To encourage the involvement and leadership of all county conservation employees.
- To develop an active legislative program that addresses county conservation concerns.
- To encourage involvement with Iowa State Association of Counties Legislative Steering Committees.
- To promote communication between affiliate groups of county conservation employees.
Every year IACCBE hosts a workshop, Winterfest. Winterfest is our annual educational conference. All counties in the state are invited to participate in this 4-day event, where they attend sessions related to their field and network with other counties in the state. This conference takes place toward the end of January and is usually located in Waterloo.
IACCBE is also in charge of running the County Conservation Board Booth at the Iowa State Fair. We decide on a theme, activities available at the booth, and are responsible for construction and maintenance.
A governing committee of CCB employees runs IACCBE. Every District in the state should have 1 member on the committee, usually the vice president of the District. However, anyone is welcome to be on the committee. We are always looking for new members. Meetings are held once a month (March-October) at the State Forest Nursery, in Ames.